Job Title: Detailer
Department: Sales Department
Reports to: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
|The Detailer Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Hourly Compensation of between $15.50 and $15.50|
Position Description: The Car Washer cleans vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Wash vehicle exterior, using power sprayers and other water hoses, cleaning solution, cloths, and brushes.
- Apply wax to auto body, and wipe or buff surface to protect surface and preserve shine, using cloth or buffing equipment/machine.
- Vacuum interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris, using vacuum cleaner.
- Keep wash areas and equipment maintained and ready at all times to keep up with the demand of vehicles waiting to be washed.
- Clean upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devises.
- Clean engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents to remove grease and grime.
- Drive vehicle back to the body shop area when it is complete for delivery.
- Maintain trash cleanup in and around buildings and grounds as requested by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple reports. Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one with customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach with hands and arms, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and to talk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.